It is used once a month and is applied conveniently at one spot on the skin. It can be used for dogs and cats 6 weeks or older. This monthly topical application prevents heartworms while controlling fleas and ear mites.
Even the tiniest of pets can be fiercely protective of their owners, but all dogs need our help to protect them from parasites. Revolution (selamectin) provides that help. Just a spot once a month provides protection against fleas, heartworms and other parasites. Ask your veterinarian about Revolution.
* Topical once-a-month parasiticide for dogs.
* Provides systemic treatment against a broad spectrum of external and internal parasites.
Revolution (selamectin) is approved for:
* Use in dogs 6 weeks of age or older against the following parasites: adult fleas, flea eggs, heartworm, ear mites, sarcoptic mites, and American dog tick.
* Killing adult fleas and preventing flea eggs from hatching for one month, and indicated for prevention and control of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis).
* Prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis.
* Treatment and control of ear mite (Otodectes cynotis) infestations.
* Treatment and control of sarcoptic mange (Sarcoptes scabiei).
* Control of American dog tick (Dermacentor variabilis) infestations.
* Revolution is a prescription-only medicine, not a pesticide.
* Broad-spectrum protection against most internal and external parasites.
* Kills adult flea and their eggs.
* Fast, simple and easy to use.
* Because of the low-volume dosage size, the solution can be applied in one spot.
* Non-greasy, quick-drying preparation.
* Bathing pet 2 hours after application does not affect efficacy.
* Available in 6 convenient dosage sizes in no-drip disposable tubes.
* Available in 6 separate dose strengths for dogs of different weights (see Dosage and Administration).
* Revolution for puppies is available in cartons containing 3 single-dose tubes.
* Revolution for dogs is available in cartons containing 3 or 6 single-dose tubes.
* Revolution for dogs weighing more than 85 pounds is available in cartons containing 6 or 12 single-dose tubes.
Dosage and Administration
* Hold tube upright.
* Press cap down until a click is heard (cap punctures applicator seal).
* Remove cap and check to be sure tip of tube is open.
* Part hair at base of neck and place tip of tube on visible skin area.
* Squeeze tube 3 or 4 times in one spot until empty. Keep tube squeezed to avoid drawing liquid back into tube. While keeping tube squeezed, drag it away from liquid and lift up to remove.
* Ensure tube is empty.
* The recommended minimum dose is 2.7 mg selamectin per pound (6 mg/kg) of body weight, applied according to the following tables.
* For dogs more than 130 pounds, the appropriate combination of color-coded tubes is used.
* Prior to administration, dogs should be tested for existing heartworm infections. At the discretion of the veterinarian, infected dogs should be treated to remove adult heartworms.
* While the number of circulating adult D. immitis microfilariae may decrease following treatment, Revolution is not effective for microfilariae clearance.
* In humans, may be irritating to skin and eyes.
* In studies, less than 1% of dogs experienced digestive upset.
* Do not use in sick, debilitated or underweight animals.
* Flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks or open flame.
* Keep out of reach of children.
* Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Revolution (selamectin) is generally well-tolerated. In studies, less than 1% of dogs experienced digestive upset. Do not use in sick, weak or underweight animals.
Made in the USA
For more information, please visit the manufacturer's website @: http://www.revolutionpet.com/