Dermatrix for dogs and cats by Kala Health is a great tasting supplement that contains all of the nutrients your pet needs for a healthier coat. In addition, the supplement will help reduce excessive shedding in both cats and dogs. The supplement contains a high concentrate of Omega 3, 6, and 9. It also contains essential fatty acids from both fish and plant sources as well as minerals and vitamins that are necessary for skin and the health of their coat.
The supplement should be used on a daily basis in order to get the best results. Dermatrix can help prevent the nutrient deficiencies that can result in skin allergies, unwanted shedding, and dull coats. It can also help reduce itchiness that is caused by several skin conditions.
DERMATRIX is nutritionally superior to other Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) supplements on the market because:
* DERMATRIX tablets contain Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. Other products usually contain only inexpensive fish oil (Omega 3), and therefore lack important plant derived EFA's;
* Each tablet is a highly concentrated source of essential fatty acids of superior quality, so a bottle will last longer;
* DERMATRIX contains fewer calories per daily serving and no vegetable fillers, so they have better nutritious value;
* The dry-oil formulation make them easily digestible;
* The chewable tablets are a treat to your pet;
* They are scored so it is easy to break them for smaller pets.
INGREDIENTS PER TABLET
Omega 3 oils 39 mg typical
Omega 6 oils 298 mg typical
Omega 9 oils 50 mg typical
Methylsulfonylmethane (OptiMSM) 200 mg
Plant oils (source of Omega 3, 6 & 9) 700 mg
Fish oil (source of Omega 3 & 6) 100 mg
Vitamin A (as Palmitate) 1500 IU
Vitamin B1 (as Thiamine Mononitrate) 45 mcg
Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin) 20 mcg
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) 30 mcg
Vitamin B12 (as Cobalamin) 0.2 mcg
Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate) 10 IU
Zinc (as Zinc Oxide) 5 mg
Porcine Palatability Enhancer, Dextrates, Poultry Liver, Calcium Carbonate, Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid.
omega 3 fatty acid supplement for healthy coat
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane): 99.9% pure OptiMSM: 200 mg/tablet. MSM (organic sulfur) helps maintain overall nutritional body balance, and promotes wound healing. Sulfur is required for the production of collagen and keratin, both essential proteins for the maintenance of healthy skin/coat. MSM fights allergy- related dermatological disorders and dry, scaly or itching skin.
EFA (Essential Fatty Acids): DERMATRIX contains high-quality human-grade ingredients. EFA's correct many dry skin problems and promotes shiny hair coats. They are natural anti-inflammatory agents helpful in at least 20% of allergic dogs. The proprietary mixture of EFA's contains 39 mg of Omega 3, 298 mg of Omega 6 and 50 mg of Omega 9 derived from vegetative and fish oil sources.
* Plant Seed Oil: 700 mg (Source of Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9)
* Fish Oil: 100 mg (Source of Omega 3)
Vitamins and Other Nutrients for Skin Health:
* Vitamin A (1500 IU) This nutrient plays an important role in the formation of new skin proteins such as collagen, and in regulating the rate of new cell development. It also protects against infections.
* Vitamin B Complex (45 mcg B1; 20 mcg B2, 30 mcg B6 and 0.2 mcg B12): This vital nutrient complex is required for proper immune performance, energy production, and manufacture of skin proteins.
* Vitamin E (10 IU). An antioxidant helpful with allergies, the immune system, and as a natural preservative.
* Zinc (5 mg): an important mineral for healthy skin and for maintaining immune functions.
WILL CATS EAT IT? For finicky cats, simply crush one half or a whole tablet and mix with a small amount of tuna or wet food. We have found that this works with almost all cats.
DERMATRIX for Dogs and Cats is available in bottles containing 45, 180 and 360 chewable treats.
Pet Weight (lbs) / Tablets Needed per Day / 45 Tablet Bottles Will Last / 180 Tablet Bottles Will Last / 360 Tablet Bottles Will Last
5-20 lbs / One half tab / 3 months / 1 year / 2 year
21-50 lbs / 1 tab / 6 weeks / 6 months / 1 year
51-80 lbs / 2 tabs / 3 weeks / 3 months / 6 months
81-110 lbs / 3 tabs / 2 weeks / 2 months / 4 months
Over 110 / 4 tabs / 11 days / 1.5 months / 3 months